8.7K views

I attended a presentation for Timeshare Exit Team aka ReidHein and Associates to see about getting rid of my Diamond timeshare. During the presentation they described themselves as a law firm that is providing legal services to consumers who have been ripped off like myself by timeshare companies.

During this presentation I was very skeptical as I have already paid one company to get rid of my timeshare and they were unsuccessful. Since I have already had one bad experience with a company of this sort I decided to do a little research prior to agreeing to do anything with their company. The information I have found is very unsettling. Seems to be just another fresh scam company trying to collect a check from timeshare owners.

They talked very strongly about the fact that they don't sell timeshares that they actually get your contract cancelled. Upon do a google search I found a complaint on another website regarding them selling timeshares. Are they telling clients that they are getting them out of their contract but they are indeed selling them and collecting extra money?

Also, the individuals at the presentation were unable to give me the names of their attorneys. I searched high and low and have come to the conclusion that neither ReidHein or Timeshare Exit Team are a law firm, yet legal verbiage is all over their website. "Legal" this... "Legal" that but they are not a law firm. This is false advertisement!

They wanted me to pay over $5,000 dollars to them for these apparent "legal services" that they are supposed to provide me, but the contract is with them and not a licensed attorney. So do I pay them and they pay an attorney?

This whole thing sounds like a HUGE scam to me. How are companies like this still in business. It seems like the entities that are supposed to protect us consumers are not doing their jobs.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of timeshare exit team timeshare cancellation service. Timeshare Exit Team needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned timeshare exit team timeshare cancellation service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Timeshare Exit Team.

Comments

I, too, signed up with Reedhein and Time Share Exit Team to exit from 2 Marriott timeshares. After spending thousands of dollars and over a year with little communication from them, I was able to negotiate with Marriott myself.

Rise Gamble from Reed Hein told me she was going to get money back for me because they were not able to help me. Many months plus she is not returning my phone calls.....and I have received no money back.

This organization is a total scam. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Total scam. Got a BBB complaint going - 15 months of nothing but evasive responses and no action. Do not give them your money!!!!!!!

North Hollywood, California, United States #1262287

Timeshare Exit Team was a great find for us! They got us out of our timeshare within 7 months.

We were told it could take up to 18 months. They laid everything out to us at our initial meeting and delivered on everything that was promised. Their was no rush or pressure and they gave us payment options to fit our budget. They are also endorsed by Dave Ramsey and he doesn't endorse just anybody.

We trust Dave and can't thank Timeshare Exit Team and their staff enough for everything. I would highly recommend them to my family or friends or anybody looking to get rid of their timeshare.

Some one can help me the ReidHein timeshare-exit team is legit?

to Philippine president 000 #1369563

No! Run away!

misleading and deceptive company. Save your money!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1215817

Amen, where are the consumer protection groups? 5 years down the line some AG will sue them in a class action suit.

They'll pay a minimum fine and you and hundreds of other victims will receive a $5 check for something that the government could stop today. It's sad how business rip off hard working people. Thanks for sharing.

I'll continue paying for my first bad decision, Fantasea Resorts, Flagship Condominium ***. in Atlantic City, NJ

to Anonymous #1504159

I have a timeshare in AC as well. They have threatened me with foreclosure.

Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States #1203084

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! it really helped me.

Don't listen to the people about not paying up front. Only people who have walked in your shoes will understand how ridiculous it is to get rid of a timeshare.

Parsippany, New Jersey, United States #1197260

Don't pay anyone money up front!

Gaston, South Carolina, United States #1176782

Puyallup, Washington, United States #1115736

Only a fool would pay a third party $5K up front to get our of a timeshare contract. You can hire an experienced attorney for less money and get better results. Use your common sense.

to Mike C #1156413

They got us out of our timeshare! It only took four months.

They said it would probably take between three and nine months. We are very happy!

Hello,

My name is Scott Loughran, and I am the Marketing Director at ReedHein & Associates and hoped I could learn more about your experience with our company as it seems very different than that we are use to hearing about. I would love to answer the questions that you mention above and answer anything additional that you may still have.

With that said, we do not sell, list, buy or donate timeshares.

There is a situation outlined on RipoffReport.com where a client was originally upset, but if you read the listing in its entirety you will see that the original author asked to resend their comment. We always appreciate the chance to address clients concerns when provided the opportunity. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/timeshare-exit-team/seattle-washington/timeshare-exit-team-reed-hein-travel-brandon-hein-trevor-hein-bait-and-switch-on-ebay-1055312

Regarding the use of the term "legal" on our website, it is used because we do foster a legal resolution to exiting timeshare ownership for our clients so that they are protected from future efforts of the timeshare. Attorneys are only used when our team of negotiators feel it is in the clients best interest.

We do have attorneys we work with to accomplish this but elect not to share their names and contact information to ensure our ability to clearly and effectively communicate the status of their case with our clients.

Scott Loughran

425-415-1200

to Anonymous #1115739

The mere fact that you won't disclose the law firm/attorneys that your company utilizes tells the layperson that you are hiding something.

The fact that you have disclosed that you do,in fact,utilize attorneys makes your services as a "middleman" superfluous.

to Anonymous #1134022

Whether they are satisfied or not isn't the issue. You are telling one group of clients you don't sell timeshares, but then it is clear that is exactly what you do. You get clients like the the guy from El Cajon to pay $5000 then you sell that timeshare later to the guy that complained on the other consumer website to pay $6,300 - An honest company would take a commission on the $6,300 sale and give the seller a reasonable return out of that $6,300 after commission and closing costs instead of making the seller pay $5,000 too

The bottom line is that you got $11,300 on one transaction by not fully disclosing everything that was happening.

to Anonymous #1318083

You are so full of ***.

to Anonymous #1346114

I entered into a formal contract with Hein and Associates; Reed Hein & Associates and the Timeshare Exit Team only to find out a year later that they are a total scam. A couple of their tactics to be aware about - they use highly secure locations with no public access.

They'll only see you by appointment and meet you in the parking garage to ensure you are who you really say you are. Condition #2 of their formal contract is that you are not to have contact with your timeshare. They allege that this is because your timeshare will try to convince you to stay. It's really so that you don't become aware they're not doing anything.

They have an incredible stall tactic where then pass you from one associate to another for months at a time. I was at associate number 6 when I got the Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau involved. My formal complaints with both are still being investigated. Brandon Reed, Tom Parenteau, Scott Loughran and the entire team at Hein and Associates; Reed Hein & Associates and the Timeshare Exit Team are all masters of lies and stall tactics, hoping you'll just get so frustrated that you'll just go away cause you'll feel like a dumb *** for getting scammed.

That almost happened to me. I hope I'm there when they put handcuffs on these scoundrel pieces of ***!

to Anonymous #1504166

I have been waiting almost 3 years and like some other reviews got my money and no positive results. I can't even get in touch with the CEO, Brandon Reed to let him know how I feel.

Is there such a person? Every time I inquire on the status of my case, I get a different associate.

I am up to 6 associates. I am a very disgruntled customer.